Tuesday, September 11, 2012

the times they are a-changing

Just about all packed.  I decided to type out an inventory list so that would help me in case my brain is on overload while traveling, plus to keep things simpler for customs, declaring items. 

SO GLAD I did...as I was checking the checked bag, I realized (TMI alert) I had neglected to pack any underwear.  That is now taken care of.

One adjustment I have had to make in my packing for this trip.  Typically I carry a small carry on and slide it under the seat in front of me.  This was very important when the kids were smaller, since they needed things about every 2 1/2 seconds.  Now I have gotten used to it, and it makes flights a little more comfortable.  However, I packed a small checked bag due to size and weight constraints, which led to taking more in the carry on.  Now it will not fit under the seat in front of me.  Never fear...I have come up with a solution: include an even smaller bag in the carry on to serve as kind of a carry on within a carry on.  Then I can take it out of the duffle bag, put the duffle up top, and then have items to use on the flight close at hand.

This may be a system that some of you have used for years, but it has given me a huge sense of relief and of simplicity. 

Have we mentioned we head out in less than a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment