Saturday, October 6, 2012

lunch in Mibu




I had been looking forward to this time, since the particular family we were eating with was the family my family had been praying for for nearly a decade. (Almost ten years ago, those at our church who wanted to took a picture with names on it in order to pray for the new believers at Mibu). And the picture my family had was that of this man and his family. So, even though we had never met before, I was deeply connected. We had prayed for this man through the illness and death of his wife, his marriage to his current wife, and through other life happenings. Joey is very close to him, so it was an intimate sort of time with just this family, Joey and me over for a meal. I shared some things I have been learning recently, and how that is connected to other parts of my life. It seemed to resonate with some things they are also learning. Other shared about their lives. We shooed a dog away periodically; I munched raw sugar cane, and the juices ran down my arm; we laughed together; I dreamed about the time we would all be together and understand each other perfectly. Afterwards, I took pictures of the family, other families who requested it, and friends of Joey's who wanted pictures taken with him. 

1 comment: