Wednesday, October 10, 2012

what I liked

I started a list of things I liked about the trip after getting into a bit of a funk in Port Moresby.  They are in random order, just jotted down as they came to me.

1.  Spending time with Shannon and seeing her excel at communicating with everyone.
2.  Meeting K and his family (person our family has been praying for in Mibu)
3.  Painting teens' nails in Madang
4.  Ladies' Night in Madang...more in my comfort zone than the VBS
5.  Trying beetle nut...the taste was awful, but it gave us another connection there
6.  Learning to weave bilums (or at least kind of learning)...gave us a chance to interact with a few Mibu women one on one
7.  Hiking in Mibu...even when I was spent after the hike, I gained a lot from it.
8.  Having Joey prepare breakfast for us.
9.  the hammock on our backporch in Madang
10.  Malalo beach
11.  Sweet, friendly families in Madang
12.  helicopter ride
13.  conversation with Dennis about the idea of being single in the culture of today's church, with Geoff joining in
14.  holding the green frog in Madang
15.  brown toad jumping on my lap while I cleaned up after VBS
16.  Making VBS snacks that the kids liked
17.  face painting
18.  Hearing the PNG reports in Madang, especially when Gary filled us in on some things as he spoke
19.  the lion/beaver/otter/golden retriever assessment
20.  playing perquackey with Lori, Kevin, Gary, and Kris in Pt Moresby
21.  Geoff staying with us during the great Madang Delay of 2012
22.  extra room on the flight back from Australia to US
23.  seeing Rusty (tree kangaroo) in Tibu
24.  no one getting sick
25.  Australian customs agents being funny with Dennis and Kevin
26.  Leaving food and other items for the Husas
27.  Doing laundry in Madang
28.  getting the spinner delivered after it was missing
29.  Lori getting to see her little piggy right away
30.  praying with Dennis before the ladies' night
31.  fog in Mibu
32.  rain in Mibu
33.  Gary Smith including our team in announcements and his team's presentation
34.  personal screens for long trip over
35.  Schwepps mango and orange drink
36.  walking in the dark to the Tartaglia house by myself
37.  omelet made for me in Pt Moresby
38.  Joey buying loads of coconuts
39.  PB and chocolate oreos
40.  lizard landing on my hand while at a restaurant
41.  the Lapilo guest house
42.  Eating in Chili's restaurant on way over.
43.  Reading note from Anna about making new friends.
44.  bug bam bracelets
45.  baby chicks
46.  seeing Kris lead the music
47.  watching Abby carry her "baby" on her back
48.  Using Mandarin when we ate at a Chinese restaurant in Madang


There are many parts I liked but didn't include on the list (like our hard-working team!), and there may be more that I add to the list as I continue to think about the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment